Gooey, cheesy indulgence! This baked in puff pastry brie recipe is both super-easy and incredibly tasty, that’s the perfect dish to share with friends over the weekend. Serve it warm with a glass of fruity red wine. Enjoy.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Nuts, Berries and Kawa Kawa Jelly.Course: Party food, Special occasion dish, Christmas dish, Easter dishCuisine: Classic, French, EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
Gooey, cheesy indulgence! This baked in puff pastry brie recipe is both super-easy and incredibly tasty, that’s the perfect dish to share with friends over the weekend.
one 250g wheel of brie
1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves
pinch of salt
1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed if needed)
one egg (beat with a splash of water)
- To serve:
frozen cranberries (defrosted)
- In a small bowl mix together chopped toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, chopped rosemary, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Unwrap brie and remove any stickers. Spread 1 teaspoon of kawa kawa jelly on brie and top with a mix of chopped nuts and berries.
- Place the pastry dough on a surface and lightly dust it and the rolling pin with flour. Roll the puff pastry out slightly.
- Wrap the cheese in puff pastry, trim off excess dough ends. Seam side up, create a small hole on the top, to release the steam. Then brush with an egg.
- Place the brie in the freezer for one hour. After 45 minutes, preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden.
- Let cool 10 minutes before servings. Top the cheese with Kawa Kawa Jelly, dried and fresh cranberries, nuts and rosemary leaves. Serve warm with a glass of fruity red wine. Enjoy.