I got some blackcurrant and cranberry from a gourmet shop. It inspired me to create this delicious nutritious berry breakfast bowl, and this beautiful Autumn composition.
Blackcurrant and cranberry are great Autumn foods and an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin-C. 100 g of fresh currants provides more than 300% of daily-recommended intake values of vitamin-C. Research studies have shown that consumption of fruits rich in vitamin-C helps the human body develop immunity against infectious agents.
- 1/2 cup of blackcurrant (thawed, if you use frozen blackcurrants)
- 1/2 cup of raspberry (thawed, if you use frozen raspberry)
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 Cup of almond milk
- A few Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Red Globe grape
- Raspberry Beetroot Coconut chips from The Green Seed
- Put all smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender, mix well until smooth and creamy. Black currant is a tart berry. Add more sweetener if needed. Dates or bananas work great as a sweetener here.
- Serve smoothie in a bowl. Garnish the breakfast bowl with The Green Seed coconut chips, halved grapes, cranberry or any of your favorite berries. Enjoy!