A fabulous Italian dessert is given a vegan update with same deliciously creamy texture and deep vanilla flavors. Vanilla Panna Cotta best served with raspberry coulis.
I learned about the agar-agar when I lived in Asia. You will never meet the gelatin in the Indonesian traditional cuisine, only agar. Properties agar significantly different from gelatin. But if you know the rules of use, you will get a great result.
- 400ml Can of Coconut milk (I use my fav Trade Aid brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Agar-Agar powder
- 3 Tbsp Light Agave syrup or light coconut syrup + 1 Tbsp for raspberry coulis
- 1 Vanilla pod (Madagascar`s vanilla is the best)
- 1 Cup raspberry, fresh or frozen (thawed)
+ 3-4 Panna Cotta or jelly molds
- Use a sharp knife to open vanilla pod and remove all the contents that are small black, oily seeds.
- In a saucepan pour coconut milk, add syrup, agar-agar, vanilla pod and vanilla seeds. Bring to a boil, gently simmer for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally using the whisk.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve. Pour in the forms and send in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wipe the raspberry through a sieve for a smoother texture. If the raspberry sauce is not sweet enough, add the sweetener.
- Remove Panna Cotta from the refrigerator, top with sauce and garnish with mint. Serve immediately.