What’s for dinner? hmm… How about crispy Swedish roast potatoes topped with plenty of bacon crumbs garnish with salad and seasonal vegetables? Delicious!
Learn how to make them in this quick video.
- 6 pcs New season red potato or any potato that good for roasting
- 1 Cup Wheat bread cubes
- 1/2 Cup Coconut bacon from The Green Seed
- 1/2 Cup of Olive oil
- Sprig of rosemary
- Sprig of thyme
- Maldon salt
- Black pepper
+ Chopsticks, 2 baking trays lined with baking paper
- Preheat the oven up to 200C/400F
- Mix together fresh herbs leaves, olive oil, salt and black pepper using pestle and mortar.
- Place bread cubes on lined with baking paper tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of herbs oil and mix gently. Bake croutons for about 7-10 minutes or till golden brown.
- Mix together croutons and The Green Seed coconut bacon till the crumbs using the food processor.
- Place red potato tuber between chopsticks and cut across into about 3mm slices. The chopsticks are used to help prevent you from cutting all the way through the potatoes.
- When all of the potatoes are cut, place them cut side up on a lined with baking paper tray. Brush with remaining herbs oil over the slices and get in and around each slice as best you can.
- Place into oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 50-60 minutes. Add more oil if potato looks too dry.
- Serve potatoes immediately, topped with bacon crumbs. Garnish with thyme roasted mushrooms, salad and lots of seasonal vegetables. Enjoy!