Quick and easy Barbecue dinner. It’s no secret that summer is the perfect time to break out the barbecue and get your grill on.
Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewers, charred sweet capsicum, juicy asparagus and zucchini, smoky pita bread, and garlic yoghurt. Best served with homemade flatbread!
Our rosemary bushes are out of control, we decided to keep a bunch of rosemary stalks after trimming to use them for BBQ. Lamb and rosemary is an amazing combo.
Additionally, the fresh rosemary sticks are a great source of the smoke. They add that beautiful smoky flavour in case you are using a gas grill.
A low fat and refreshing sauce based on Greek yoghurt goes well with grilled lamb, vegetables and pita bread. Acidic yoghurt is the secret weapon for flavours, it makes the taste richer and brings the balance to the dish.
Lamb Kebabs on Rosemary Skewers. Quick and easy Barbecue dinner.Course: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Quick and easy Barbecue dinner. Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewers, charred sweet capsicum, juicy asparagus and zucchini, smoky pita bread, and garlic yoghurt.
500 g lamb fillets, chop into small cubes
10 rosemary stalks with leaves
2 zucchinis, sliced
2 capsicums, seeded and sliced
bunch of asparagus, hard ends removed
splash of olive oil
- For zesty garlic yoghurt:
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (plain)
splash of olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated
grated lemon zest and juice
- For garlic yoghurt sauce. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl using a whisk. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove leaves from bottom two-thirds of fresh rosemary stalks, chop leaves thinly and put them into a mortar, add some coarse salt and grind leaves using a pestle into a paste. Add a splash of olive oil and black pepper, mix well. Drizzle with half of the aromatic green oil on prepared vegetable slices and toss it gently.
- Sharpen the rosemary stalk ends using a sharp knife. Thread lamb chunks onto the rosemary skewers. Brush kebabs with remaining rosemary oil.
- Cook kebabs and vegetables on the heated oiled barbecue. Serve with reheated pita bread and garlic yoghurt sauce. Enjoy!