Quick and easy fish weekday dinner meal, that will make your receptors singing. Serve this fragrant lemon and parsley fish with a green salad, couscous, or saffron rice.
I would recommend using organic lemons for gremolata, fruits that haven’t been treated with wax. So if you have lemons in your garden, you are a lucky man.
Parsley lemon panko gremolata could brighten the taste of many dishes. Try to use it as topping for the stew, or cream soup or spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino. Everyone will love it.
- 400 g cod fillet
- olive oil
- a handful of Sicilian green olives
- 1 Tbsp capers
- juice of one lemon
Lemon Panko Gremolata:
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp grated organic lemon zest (I use Meyer lemon)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Drizzle the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil.
Pat dry the cod fillet well and place in a single layer. Season with a little salt and pepper. Keep in mind, the olives, capers and gremolata are pretty salty. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and squeeze of fresh lemon. Bake for about 20 minutes or until easily flaked. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the cod.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for gremolata in a food processor and mix until fine fragrant crumbs.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Add olives and capers, sprinkle with panko gremolata.
- Preheat the broiler. Place a casserole back in the oven to continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and fennel salad.