Continuing my previous posts with unique pasta recipes:
Another quick and easy pasta dish made from easy to find ingredients. For the best results I would recommend to invest in good quality finishing olive oil, good pasta and cheese.
Recipe Number 2: Orecchiette with broccoli and sausages.
This broccoli and sausage pasta is inspired by classic recipe of Puglia. Orecchiette are a pasta typical of Puglia, a region of Southern Italy. Their name comes from their shape, which resembles a small ear – perfect for cradling all that yummy sauce: Sweet hearty sausages, flavourful tender broccoli, gentle heat of peperoncino and some white wine for extra umami. Delicious!
Good quality chicken sausages make this dish a little bit more healthier and same delicious.
Orecchiette with Broccoli and Sausages.Course: Main, pasta dishCuisine: Italian, PugliaDifficulty: Easy
This broccoli and sausage pasta is inspired by classic recipe of Puglia. Sweet hearty sausages, flavourful tender broccoli, gentle heat of peperoncino and a splash of white wine for extra umami. Delicious!
300g orecchiette pasta
head of broccoli, cut into florets
3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
3-5 chicken sausages (I prefer Bostock brothers NZ, and this is not paid recipe)
pinch of peperoncino or mild chilli flakes
1/4 cup of good white wine
Parmesan cheese or Pecorino cheese (recommended) to serve to the table
- Bring to a boil a large pot of water (4L). Add a good handful of salt. Water has to be salty as sea water. Add broccoli florets and cook until al dente. Transfer to a chopping bord using a slotted spoon. Chop the broccoli. Set aside.
- Add pasta to the same water, give it a good stir to prevent sticking. Cook pasta al dente, it can take a little bit longer with orecchiette, be patient. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, remove casein cases from the sausages. Preheat a sauté pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and sausages. Break the sausages into pieces using a wooden spoon, cook until pale. Add garlic and chilli, cook until garlic is soft and aromatic. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add chopped broccoli and pasta, season with salt and pepper generously, drizzle with your favorite finishing evoo, add a splash of pasta water, then toss the pasta gently until pasta water and oil emulsified into a silky smooth sauce. Add more pasta water to make the dish yummy and saucy.
- Divide the pasta between bowls. Serve immediately with the grated Pecorino cheese. Enjoy!