These gluten-free buckwheat waffles are fluffy and tender with the delicate touch of vanilla. Waffles are especially delicious when served with organic honey and cacao. TranzAlpineHoney has teamed up their organic NZ white clover honey with the tasty superfood organic raw cocoa. Leave chocolate nut spreads and sauces at the supermarket. This is a far more delicious and healthy topper.
Vanilla Buckwheat Waffles with Organic Honey and Cacao. GF, Refined Sugar-free Recipe.Course: Dessert, Breakfast, Gluten-free bakingCuisine: Modern, EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
These gluten-free buckwheat waffles are fluffy and tender with the delicate touch of vanilla.
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup LSC (linseed, sunflower seed, chia seed meal)
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 Tbs TranzAlpineHoney organic honey with raw cacao
1 1/2 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or coconut oil)
- To serve:
fresh strawberry, sliced
TranzAlpineHoney organic honey with raw cacao
toasted almond slices
- Sift the buckwheat flour, LSC, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the buttermilk, oil, eggs, cacao honey and vanilla.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until just mixed.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions on the regular setting and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup of the batter into each waffle section. Close the waffle iron and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until edges are slightly darkened. Remove carefully from the waffle iron. Without gluten, waffles will be extra tender.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve waffles warm, topped with strawberry slices and drizzled with organic raw cacao honey. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!